3.31.2011

Creative Packaging Ideas for jewelry at Vintage Fix!



Hey guys!

I hope all is well in your lives these days! I know that I've truly been enjoying the small bits of warmth that's been scattered amongst Southern California lately. What a blessing it is! Let's here it for spring!

Among all this lovely weather, I've been working on new ways to add a handmade touch to Vintage Fix, but still keep the look of my shop consistent. It's so important for me to still have my things look retro or vintage-y even it they aren't.

As you may know, my retro button studs have been up since Valentines day, as they were a promotional item I came up with to celebrate the month of love, but now since I've decided to keep them up as a customizable item for anyone to make any time of year, I felt I could get really creative with shipping them.

I chose to incorporate some items I had on hand, like vintage buttons and vintage fabric to wrap them Furoshiki style, a style I've been obsessed with recently and the reason for doing this is to not only re-purpose my own fabric, but to offer the fabric in a cute way so that it may be re-used by my customers in any type of project they may need it for. Everybody wins!

Here's what I came up with:

Step 1: Materials

a piece of scrap fabric, fabric scissors (not pictured), measuring tape, twine, a button or charm, a small craft box, burlap material, a rubber stamp to decorate a note, a stamp ink pad.

.
Step 2:

Cut the fabric to approx. a 9" x 9' square. Feel free to make the square bigger or smaller to suit your needs. Just make sure its a square.

Step 3

Cut the burlap material to fit the inside of your small craft box (both can be purchased from a craft store).


Step 4:

Fit the cut piece of burlap into your box and attach your earrings or jewelry. I used my customizable studs, which can be purchased here.


Step 5: Make a note. 

Handmade notes are a wonderful way to show the person your giving the gift to how much time you took to make it special. I always type my notes with my vintage typewriter and I stamped a butterfly for this one (feel free to be creative here).


Step 6

Cut the note smaller to fit under your box (Or you can attach the note on the outside of your wrapped box with the charm by hole-punching it and tying it on with the twine). Place note and box diagonally on the piece of fabric with fabric face down.


Step 7

Fold top right corner over the box and tuck under.


Step 8

Fold bottom left corner over the box and fold under also. It should resemble a crepe :)


Step 9:

Flip it over.


Step 10:

Bring both leftover ends together in the middle and tie them together.


Step 11:

Tie on charm with the twine.



Voila! A cute way to re-purpose fabric and wrap a gift! 

Enjoy your Thursday!

xo, 
Brooke

2 comments:

The Vintage Parlor said...

Brooke I love this post! I love how clean you present it, step by step! As you can see from my latest tweets I've been trying to brainstorm interesting ways to package my items... and here you are! Thanks for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

Great article! Thanks for sharing I added some thoughts on Office Drawer Organizers sometime ago

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails